KB Recruitment SW Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our recruitment services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are set out in this policy but will only apply once GDPR becomes law on 25 May 2018.
The Data Controller
KB Recruitment SW Ltd is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate.
Our full postal address is:
KB Recruitment SW Ltd
Suite 19 Swallow Court, Devonshire Gate, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 7EJ
Telephone number: 01884 821441
Email address: email@example.com
Who we are and What we do
We are a specialist recruitment agency and recruitment business. We collect personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business.
- potential and placed candidates for permanent roles
- potential and active client contacts
- supplier contacts and support services
- employees and consultants
We collect information about you solely for the purposes of carrying out our core business and ancillary activities.
Our Legitimate Business Interests
Our legitimate interests in collecting and retaining your personal data is set out below:
1. As a recruitment business and recruitment agency we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment roles. This exchange of personal data of our candidates and client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process.
2. In order to support our candidates career aspirations and our clients resourcing needs we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
3. To maintain, grow and develop our business we need to record the personal data of potential candidates and client contacts. Due to the nature of our business we will not store your personal data for a period longer than 5 years without contacting you in this time to receive your explicit consent.
Information We Collect
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
- Name and Job Title
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Sensitive personal information from your CV, such as previous employment, educational details and qualifications, third party references.
- Job preferences including roles, geographical areas, salary and preferred ways to be contacted by KB Recruitment SW Ltd
- Other information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
We may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example data may be contained in application forms, CV’s or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to understand your needs and to provide our services to you, and in particular for the following reasons.
- Internal record-keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services to you.
- To contact you via email, SMS or phone, about vacancies that we believe you may be interested in.
- Maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website as a client or candidate.
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we believe may be suitable for you.
- To send your information to clients for potential jobs or to assess suitability for the role. We will obtain verbal consent before presenting your details to a client.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific roles or to subscribe to our job alerts which we believe may be of interest to you.
- Where you have consented, we will directly market products and services, and advice you of any updates to our services. Where we do so you will be able to unsubscribe at any time from receiving any further communications from us.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, specials or other information (which we think you may find interesting) using the email address which you have provided.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal references checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as KB Recruitment SW Ltd.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as KB Recruitment SW Ltd.
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users or passwords.
We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Our services are all hosted from a datacentre within the UK which is ISO 9001/14001/27001 accredited. We regularly undertake scans of our website and services to ensure your data is safe.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be able to provide a service to you. Due to the nature of our business we will not store your personal data for longer than 5 years without contacting you in this time to receive your explicit consent.
Links to other Websites
Disclosing Your Information
We will not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any other party unless you have given explicit consent. We may share your personal information if you have given your informed consent for us to do so.
Your Rights to Access Your Information
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may affect the service we are able to supply you.
Where KB Recruitment SW Ltd is the data controller you are entitled to the following:
Request a copy of the personal information of which you are the data subject.
Request correction of the personal information we hold about you. This enables you to have any inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you corrected.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information when there is no good reason for us to continue to process it.
Object to processing of your personal information when we are relying on legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reasons for processing it.
Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Brian Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the postal address above.
If you believe that any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us or write to us as soon as possible, and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Alternatively, you may wish to access your information and update/correct as described below.
How to Access and update your Personal Information
Your personal information is located on a server in the UK and we provide you with the means to access, update and edit the registration information and other personal information you have provided to us at any time on your own by login to your user account on our website, and changing or updating your registration information and other personal information as desired.
If you are unsure whether we have a record containing your personal information and would like to confirm whether or not we do, please send an email to email@example.com indicating all email addresses and or mobile numbers which you may have given us.
If you believe that KB Recruitment SW Ltd has not complied with your data protection rights you should raise your concern with us in the first instance, or directly to the Information Commissioners office at https://ico.org.uk
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware and agree with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25 May 2018