Well established and busy Lettings agency is looking for an experienced Lettings Negotiator to join the team in their Plymouth office.
They are currently looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, organised individual who has the ability to interact well and form a good rapport with clients.
The successful candidate will need to be pro-active, motivated, and enthusiastic, with good area knowledge and the ability to work to deadlines. You must have a smart appearance and be a strong communicator, with experience in Lettings and the ability to offer a high standard of customer service. ARLA qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
Purpose of the Job
To assist in the management of a portfolio of properties, providing excellent customer service to both the landlord and tenant. To work closely with the Directors to ensure the growth of the business is sustained through marketing and sales activities. The post holder will be expected to work with autonomy in liaising with potential new landlords to secure new properties. In addition, they will assist the Directors by contributing to the development and delivery of marketing activities.
Typical duties will include:
• liaising with potential new landlords to outline service offer
• view properties to establish and agree rental valuation
• follow up and negotiate to agree terms
• conducting viewings with potential new tenants
• excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm and measured way
• negotiation and selling skills, with the ability to ‘sell’ the service and confidently quote and agree terms of business
• organisational and account management skills, with the ability to multi-task and work to conflicting deadlines
• friendly, ‘can do’ attitude
• a team worker
• full driving licence
• Microsoft Word for Windows
• accurate keyboard skills
• basic legislation including tenancy law, gas safety regulations etc.
• local area and lettings market
• basic knowledge and experience of legal proceedings for rental arrears/possession
This is a permanent position with a basic salary of £18,000 to £22,000, depending on experience.